2010+ Camaro V8 StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Customer PhotosLogin to submit your photo!
StopTech stainless steel brake lines improve pedal feel and reduce the amount of time between applied pedal pressure and actual deceleration by preventing expansion, which stock rubber flex lines allow. This provides a quicker pedal response, and allows the driver to maintain consistent brake pressure and precision brake modulation.
StopTech brake lines consist of a Teflon® inner line that is covered with a layer of stainless steel woven braid. The Teflon tube is very resistant to expansion under pressure and will not degrade from exposure to brake fluid. The stainless steel braid provides support for the Teflon and the weave is extremely durable against incidental impact and abrasion. StopTech brake lines feature a Clear Abrasion Resistant Cover for maximum protection against chaffing.
All StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines are DOT (United States Department of Transportation) compliant and 100% tested to a pressure of 4500 psi.
Why not change out your stock DOT 3 fluid for high temp DOT 4 fluid at the same time you install these lines? Motul has an extremely high dry boiling point at 594F and wet boiling point at 401F. Motul Synthetic DOT 4 mixes with your DOT 3 so you don't have to pay a ton of money to have your brake system professionaly bled.
- 2 Pints will do the job.
- 3 pints will allow you to excessively bleed all the stock fluid out.
- StopTech®, the ultra performance and racing division of Centric Parts®, is a leading innovator of world class brake components and systems for production-based racing cars and high performance vehicles on the street and track. StopTech was the first to offer Balanced Brake Upgrades® for production cars and remains the worldwide leader with over 600 platform offerings that dramatically improve overall braking performance. StopTech’s industry leading technologies and materials, from rock solid calipers to ingeniously efficient heat handling rotors, result in shorter stopping distances, better brake modulation, and less brake fade.
- StopTech was founded in 1999 with the singular mission of becoming a leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. The founding team, which included Dino Crescentini, sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the company quickly earned a reputation for quality and performance both on and off the track.
- StopTech® engineers and manufactures high performance brake rotors, calipers, DOT compliant stainless steel lines, and brake upgrade systems for the racing and performance street markets. The company also distributes OE aftermarket rotors, brake pads and brake fluid.
- StopTech was the first aftermarket brake company to offer balanced front brake upgrades, engineered to dramatically improve overall braking performance while remaining compatible with the stock OE rear brakes. This has significantly advanced the state of the art in aftermarket brake upgrades. Caliper bodies, hats, and brackets are machined to ISO standards at StopTech's manufacturing facilities in Compton, California using the latest CNC machines that feature active tooling.
- The company consistently wins braking contests performed by independent publications, and is now the dominant, preferred brake system in the SCCA Pro Pirelli World Challenge® Touring Car Series, the most competitive, production based sprint race series in North America. The company also participates in Grand-Am®, the premier production based endurance racing series in North America.
- StopTech has received the prestigious TüV approval in Europe for a number of its offerings, and has been selected as the exclusive brake supplier by a major OE aftermarket division. StopTech was also chosen by Chrysler to supply brake components for their Dodge Viper sportscar. StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 forged calipers produce the least flex of any tested aftermarket and OE caliper.
- The future vision of StopTech is to maintain focus on its original mission. In doing so, the company will continually innovate significant improvements to brake technology for street and racecars, for enthusiasts and professionals alike.