2010+ Camaro V8 6.2L Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Rotors Front Axle Set
Customer PhotosLogin to submit your photo!
Price is for Two Front Rotors. See drop down options for a complete set of 4.
StopTech® Sport Rotors are direct replacement discs for your factory brake system and stock calipers. They offer improved cooling as well as other advantages the competition doesn't offer.
Slotting and/or cross-drilling helps wipe away the debris that forms between the pad and the disc, adds more bite, and can help the rear brakes to match the aesthetics of a front big brake kit. The rotor finish helps prevent glazing of the pads and improves wet and dry braking performance.
Additionally, StopTech® Sport Rotors feature a durable black e-coating on the non-swept areas of the rotor to prevent corrosion.
Every StopTech® Sport Rotor is finished with black e-coating on both sides of the hat, inside the the cooling vanes, and on the outside edge. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. This is especially important on both mounting faces of the hat where it touches the hub flange and back face of the wheel. Any accumulation of rust in these area can lead to installed lateral run out issues.
Power Alloy Metallurgy
Power Alloy metallurgy is an exclusive feature of many StopTech® rotors. In specific vehicle applications, StopTech works with foundry partners to increase the molybdenum or carbon content of the castings, and to carefully control the cooling rate during production to reach targets for hardness and tensile strength.
Cooling Vane Design
Nearly all StopTech® 1-piece rotors have unique slot or hole patterns for the left and right sides of the vehicle. For these directional patterns, straight vane or pillar vane rotors are used to ensure that a drilled hole never touches a cooling vane.
What brake pads should I choose?
- The Hawk Ceramic pads are recommended for the low noise, low dust and stopping power. (Best for daily driving and occasional track days)
- The Hawk HPS pads will increase your stopping power significantly over stock pads, but will generate a little more dust and noise. (Still recommended for a daily driver that wants the best stopping power possible)
- StopTech®, the ultra performance and racing division of Centric Parts®, is a leading innovator of world class brake components and systems for production-based racing cars and high performance vehicles on the street and track. StopTech was the first to offer Balanced Brake Upgrades® for production cars and remains the worldwide leader with over 600 platform offerings that dramatically improve overall braking performance. StopTech’s industry leading technologies and materials, from rock solid calipers to ingeniously efficient heat handling rotors, result in shorter stopping distances, better brake modulation, and less brake fade.
- StopTech was founded in 1999 with the singular mission of becoming a leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. The founding team, which included Dino Crescentini, sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the company quickly earned a reputation for quality and performance both on and off the track.
- StopTech® engineers and manufactures high performance brake rotors, calipers, DOT compliant stainless steel lines, and brake upgrade systems for the racing and performance street markets. The company also distributes OE aftermarket rotors, brake pads and brake fluid.
- StopTech was the first aftermarket brake company to offer balanced front brake upgrades, engineered to dramatically improve overall braking performance while remaining compatible with the stock OE rear brakes. This has significantly advanced the state of the art in aftermarket brake upgrades. Caliper bodies, hats, and brackets are machined to ISO standards at StopTech's manufacturing facilities in Compton, California using the latest CNC machines that feature active tooling.
- The company consistently wins braking contests performed by independent publications, and is now the dominant, preferred brake system in the SCCA Pro Pirelli World Challenge® Touring Car Series, the most competitive, production based sprint race series in North America. The company also participates in Grand-Am®, the premier production based endurance racing series in North America.
- StopTech has received the prestigious TüV approval in Europe for a number of its offerings, and has been selected as the exclusive brake supplier by a major OE aftermarket division. StopTech was also chosen by Chrysler to supply brake components for their Dodge Viper sportscar. StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 forged calipers produce the least flex of any tested aftermarket and OE caliper.
- The future vision of StopTech is to maintain focus on its original mission. In doing so, the company will continually innovate significant improvements to brake technology for street and racecars, for enthusiasts and professionals alike.