2010+ Camaro V8 6.2L Stoptech Centric Blank Rotors Rear Axle Set
Customer PhotosLogin to submit your photo!
Price is for Two Rear Rotors. See drop down options for a complete set of 4.
Premium rotors without the premium price
Centric® Premium Rotors are blank, 1-piece, direct replacement discs for your factory brake system. These "black" rotors feature a special anti-corrosion e-coating that gives them their distinctive look and name, and are manufactured under QS and ISO quality system standards.
Like many StopTech® 1-piece rotors, Centric® Premium Rotors offer several key advantages over stock rotors, E-coating, Double Disc Ground, Machined Finishes, Split Castings and Mill Balancing are just some of the processes we use.
Centric® premium rotors utilize an electrocoating finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. Finishes used by other manufacturers provide only minimal protection from the elements and are generally only effective for the shipping and storage portion of a rotor’s life. The addition of heat and moisture eliminates the effectiveness of many of those finishes resulting in immediate corrosion once installed in the vehicle.
Double Disc Ground Braking Surface
Centric® premium rotors feature a double disc ground, taper free finish. Double disc grinding ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV). Double disc grinding leaves a non-directional finish on the friction surface area for more effective pad-rotor break in. This special finish also provides quieter and smoother stops.
Fully Machined Hats Centric
Premium rotors feature 100 percent fully machined finishes including rotor hats. This extra process provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component.
Center Split Casting
The profile of the rotor's cooling vane affects its ability to dissipate heat. Ideally the vane should have the same thickness at the points where it connects to the inner and outer friction plates. This is accomplished with center-split core castings that provide proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency. This thickness symmetry in the vane promotes the uniform transfer of heat from both friction plates into the cooling vanes. Competitors' vanes are often asymmetrical, which can lead to uneven heat transfer and compromises in performance and cooling.
What brake pads should I choose?
- The Hawk Ceramic pads are recommended for the low noise, low dust and stopping power. (Best for daily driving and occasional track days)
- The Hawk HPS pads will increase your stopping power significantly over stock, but will generate a little more dust and noise. (Still recommended for a daily driver that wants the best stopping power possible)
- StopTech®, the ultra performance and racing division of Centric Parts®, is a leading innovator of world class brake components and systems for production-based racing cars and high performance vehicles on the street and track. StopTech was the first to offer Balanced Brake Upgrades® for production cars and remains the worldwide leader with over 600 platform offerings that dramatically improve overall braking performance. StopTech’s industry leading technologies and materials, from rock solid calipers to ingeniously efficient heat handling rotors, result in shorter stopping distances, better brake modulation, and less brake fade.
- StopTech was founded in 1999 with the singular mission of becoming a leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. The founding team, which included Dino Crescentini, sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the company quickly earned a reputation for quality and performance both on and off the track.
- StopTech® engineers and manufactures high performance brake rotors, calipers, DOT compliant stainless steel lines, and brake upgrade systems for the racing and performance street markets. The company also distributes OE aftermarket rotors, brake pads and brake fluid.
- StopTech was the first aftermarket brake company to offer balanced front brake upgrades, engineered to dramatically improve overall braking performance while remaining compatible with the stock OE rear brakes. This has significantly advanced the state of the art in aftermarket brake upgrades. Caliper bodies, hats, and brackets are machined to ISO standards at StopTech's manufacturing facilities in Compton, California using the latest CNC machines that feature active tooling.
- The company consistently wins braking contests performed by independent publications, and is now the dominant, preferred brake system in the SCCA Pro Pirelli World Challenge® Touring Car Series, the most competitive, production based sprint race series in North America. The company also participates in Grand-Am®, the premier production based endurance racing series in North America.
- StopTech has received the prestigious TüV approval in Europe for a number of its offerings, and has been selected as the exclusive brake supplier by a major OE aftermarket division. StopTech was also chosen by Chrysler to supply brake components for their Dodge Viper sportscar. StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 forged calipers produce the least flex of any tested aftermarket and OE caliper.
- The future vision of StopTech is to maintain focus on its original mission. In doing so, the company will continually innovate significant improvements to brake technology for street and racecars, for enthusiasts and professionals alike.